Screaming Banshee

Screaming Banshee
Make Sure You Laugh When There Are Days Like This!!!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

To Buy or Not To Buy

So, I've kinda got the "wansties" right now.

I live in a townhouse. It's a great layout, good size, deck, good neighbors, and is in a community that is over 30 years old.....this means there are large trees and the homes were actually built with space so I'm not staring into my neighbor's house as they are eating dinner or getting dressed.....this, I find to be a bonus.

HOWEVER........I want a house. I want a house with no one attached to my walls (my neighbors aren't loud). I want a garage cuz I'm sick of scraping ice off my car in the winter, defogging during the fall & spring, boiling in the summer (although, there is the tree coverage which keeps my car from getting too hot).

BUT.......Do I really need a house? That would mean a yard to mow. My son is in 9th grade and enjoys pointing out to me that he will be going to college in 4 years and won't be home (he will be home during vacations, he just doesn't realize that yet).

YET.......He does bring about a good point. Most people downsize as their children leave the nest. I would be upsizing for what? for for who?

So, I ask you: Do I really need a house?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a similar (but smaller) debate raging in my brain right now over a new car. I don't have to have it. I just want it.

In the end, "no" always wins because the thought of a payment scares the crap out of me right now.

Have you done a giant pro/con list? With every little detail on it?