Screaming Banshee

Screaming Banshee
Make Sure You Laugh When There Are Days Like This!!!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

How did this happen?

How did I get so heavy? Well, I mean....I know how it happened.....so, maybe I should be asking myself why? And, why can't I get myself to stop? At least I have stopped gaining weight...it only took 3 years and 50 lbs. I've quit some bad habits, but added others which is how I got here.
"Two Roads diverged...." Robert Frost
Why didn't I take the other one? Well, I can't change what I did. But, I really should try to see if I can find my way back to that spot rather than just sitting on the large bottom that I have given myself.

So..............
I'm watching The Biggest Loser because I'm a Reality TV junkie. The big question was whether or not these folks would get up in front of the family, friends, and community with their shirts off, and bellies hanging out as they stepped on the scale and announced their starting weight.

What I really should do is challenge myself. I should post a picture of myself in shorts and a cropped workout tank along with my starting weight. Will that make me do anything about it? Is that motivating? Would people support me, or just kind of let it go because they don't want to embarrass me? I could even allow myself to watch my favorite TV only if I'm on my recumbent bike. I wouldn't have to go fast and furious.....just go, at this point!

Well....I'm going to think about this.....yanno.....weigh my options (OMG, I am funny!). I'll let you know what I come up with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, sweet, dear, wonderful, Helen....what boat is it that you and I have missed? I know how you feel (on some levels - my path to the 50lbs is yet another road). So my mom is tired of hearing my rantings about it (it even got worse this past Christmas) and she offers me her road to success. She battles with Diabetes Type 2 (weight induced) and has been losing weight with the UK's ''Slimming World'. It is the only program that she has found that works for her and she'll be bringing me all the info and guides this month on her Jan visit to us. I am hopeful. She has always battled her weight and is very weak at staying on a program - so that this one works - is nothing short of amazing, really. I am again hopeful for myself. Since my stupid underactive thyroid, 2 babies and 10 years of life change - I have battled, without success, and am now ready for the challenge. I SUPPORT YOU 100%. However that may be with our distance - but, girl, I am there for you! Lynn