Screaming Banshee

Screaming Banshee
Make Sure You Laugh When There Are Days Like This!!!

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Swim with the Dolphins - Part 2 & 3

So, after riding the dolphins' noses across the pool, we snorkled around the cove with them. I don't have pictures of that, but it was a weird experience. I am not proficient with the snorkel. It made me gag and feel suffocated so I wasn't able to swim face down for more than a minute or two at a time.
The third part was interacting with the dolphins. We learned a lot of information from the trainers as we touched them while they swam by. We avoided the blow hole when they swam by, and learned where on their bellies to touch and where not to touch as they rolled over. Note: Avoid the genitals....always good advice.
It all culminated with hugs and kisses. Julian was the kissing dolphin seen in the pictures below. The hugging dolphin was a female whose name escapes me at this time.....I'm sure Ginny will remember.

No comments: