Screaming Banshee

Screaming Banshee
Make Sure You Laugh When There Are Days Like This!!!

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Bitter Woman Karaoke

So, some friends of mine got married a couple of weeks ago. It was a small wedding so they threw a party this weekend and invited friends. There was food and drink and much fun, including Karaoke Kerry who had the biggest book of songs I've ever seen. There were the typical songs....country, jazz, blues, and even Broadway and other tunes.

It was then that I saw a couple of my favorite tunes and saw a theme forming. The first song that I signed up to sing.......at my friends' wedding party.......was On My Own from Les Mis. "On my own, pretending he's beside me, all alone, I walk with him till morning............and I know, it's only in my mind, that I'm talking to myself and not to him.......I love him, but when the night is over, he is gone, a river's just a river......."
Nothing like a tribute to loneliness as a gift to my newlywed friends!

My next choice was the Carrie Underwood hit "Before He Cheats"!
Need I say more!

Hence was born the "Bitter Woman Karaoke"! Feel free to post more songs to add to the list for future visits.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How About "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor?

Anonymous said...

And of course for when he marries someone else..."I loved you once in silence" sung by Julie Andrews in Camelot or

"Now that You've Gone" Frieda Payne

Unknown said...

Maybe not Bitter Woman songs, but:
Total Eclipse of the Heart
Boy from NYC
I've always enjoyed those. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey... how about "Bitch" by Meredeth Brooks or "you oughta know" by Alanis.