Screaming Banshee

Screaming Banshee
Make Sure You Laugh When There Are Days Like This!!!

Thursday, October 18, 2007

So overwhelmed, I'll NEVER catch up!

I have got so many shows in my Tivo list that I don't know how I'll ever get caught up! I've got 7 Oprahs, 5 Marthas, 6 Views, and an Ugly Betty. I am tellin' ya what.....
Yes, folks, I love television. I feel like a kid in a candy shop with the amount of shows I have to choose from.
Where did this obsession come from?
Here's my theory:
When we lived in Sweden, there were only 2 television channels. They were government owned so there were no commercials and few shows in English. I'm trying to recall all of the shows we got. I do know that we got Dallas. My Dad subscribed to Time and/or Newsweek magazine but they were always a few months behind.....mail service to Europe was VERY slow back in the day :). I do know that we got the "Who Shot JR?" issue at least a year (maybe more) before we ever got close to getting that episode on TV.
I think we also got Little House on the Prairie, but I don't remember as a definite. There had to have been more, but I'm so bogged down with my Tivo that I'm just not sure.
FAMILY: Chime in by posting a comment if you remember others!

1 comment:

aliceb said...

I'm missing the clock and the bird calls terribly. I have a million channels and sometimes I just need a few ticks of the clock to keep me going.
When Tim worked with Gregory Harrison on a TV movie I instructed Tim to tell Greg how devoted we were to Centennial because that was all that was on in Sweden. Absolutely passionate about my Centennial.