Screaming Banshee

Screaming Banshee
Make Sure You Laugh When There Are Days Like This!!!

Saturday, November 10, 2007

It's a High Tech Life For Us!

Yes, I'm playing catch-up on my blog. Lots has happened but I haven't had time to journal it, so enjoy reading!

So, after my High-Tech Symposium on Thursday, I called my children as I was on my way home. My 13 year old son, Drew, had been invited to a party for Friday night and "didn't have a thing to wear". In his defense, he has grown and his clothes haven't caught up with him.
I told him that I would come home, pick him up and take him to the store to get something which made him groan (and me do the same as the thought of going back out after getting home didn't exactly appeal to me).
THE HIGH-TECH SOLUTION: He checked the tags in his clothing for his current size and relayed those to me by calling my cell phone as I was on the way home. I went to the store and looked for items befitting a teenage boy party, while keeping Drew's style in mind. He likes the look of the button-down, collared shirt decorated with flames over a t-shirt of a complementary color. Once I stumbled upon this outfit, I took a picture of it with my cell phone, sent a picture message to his cell phone and continued in the store. Within 2 minutes, Drew called me and approved the outfit in the picture which I then purchased and he then wore on the next night for his party.
When I told my sister the events of my day, her response was "You are The Jetsons!!!" As a matter of fact, we were very high-tech, space-folk-ish! What a day!

No comments: